Easy prawn curry
- 1 kilogram uncooked medium king prawns
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup (75g) korma curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) fish stock
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- steamed rice, to serve
Easy prawn curry
- 1Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan, cook onion, garlic and ginger, until onion is soft. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- 3Add the prawns to the pan; cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add stock, coconut milk and sugar. Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until prawns are just cooked and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with coriander and steamed rice.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm