- 8 uncooked medium king prawns (360g)
- 400 gram medium black mussels
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken thigh fillets (400g), chopped coarsely
- 1 medium_piece red onion (170g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- pinch saffron threads
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) white short-grain rice
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 4 baby squid hoods (360g), sliced thinly
- 2 medium_piece tomatoes (300g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Scrub mussels; remove beards.
- 2Heat half the oil in large deep frying pan or 46cm paella pan; cook chicken until browned. Remove from pan. Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion, garlic, paprika and saffron, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in rice.
- 3Add stock to pan; bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 12 minutes or until rice is almost tender. Stir in chicken; cook 3 minutes.
- 4Scatter prawns, mussels and squid evenly over rice mixture, cover with a domed lid or foil; simmer about 5 minutes, stirring once, or until prawns are cooked and mussels have opened (discard any that do not).
- 5Remove paella from heat, scatter with tomato and parsley. Stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.
We used carnaroli risotto rice for this recipe as it holds its shape very well. If you can't find it, or it's not available, use arborio rice. A large wok lid makes a good cover for the pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019