Dark choclate croissant pudding
- ½ cup (80g) sultanas
- ¼ cup (60ml) Grand Marnier
- 3 240g (7½oz) pack of 4 croissants
- 80 grams (2½oz) butter, softened
- 200 grams (6½oz) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped finely
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 300 ml pouring cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 2 teaspoons icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease a shallow 2.5 litre (10-cup) ovenproof baking dish.
- 2Place sultanas and Grand Marnier in a small bowl; stand for 10 minutes or until the sultanas have absorbed most of the liquid.
- 3Split croissants in half; using 60g (2oz) of the butter, spread on the cut sides. Sprinkle three-quarters of the chocolate over croissant bases; sandwich together with croissant tops.
- 4Arrange croissant sandwiches, overlapping slightly, in dish. Top with remaining chocolate and the sultana mixture.
- 5Whisk eggs, yolks, sugar, milk, cream, vanilla and rind in a large jug; pour over croissants. Stand for 10 minutes or until milk mixture has soaked into croissants. Dot top with remaining butter.
- 6Place baking dish in a large baking pan; add enough boiling water
to the pan to come halfway up the side of the dish.
- 7Bake pudding for 50 minutes or until just set. Remove dish from pan; stand for 10 minutes. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar
To test if the pudding is cooked, insert a small sharp knife into the centre; if the blade comes out clean, the pudding is ready. Use orange juice instead of Grand Marnier, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020