Dahl with chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 750 gram chicken thigh fillets, 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1 long green chilli, halved lengthways
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- toasted flaked almonds, pappadams, natural yoghurt, tomato sambal, chutney, to serve
Dahl with chicken
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Brown chicken in 3 batches for 2-3 minutes each. Set aside.
- 2In same pan, saute onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add ginger, spices and curry leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- 3Return chicken to pan with stock, lentils and chilli, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until reduced, thickened and lentils are tender.
- 4Stir spinach leaves through. Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds. Serve with pappadams, yoghurt, sambal and chutney.
Toast almonds in a dry frying pan, shaking over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021