Dahl with chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 750 gram chicken thigh fillets, 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1 long green chilli, halved lengthways
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- toasted flaked almonds, pappadams, natural yoghurt, tomato sambal, chutney, to serve
Dahl with chicken
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Brown chicken in 3 batches for 2-3 minutes each. Set aside.
- 2In same pan, saute onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add ginger, spices and curry leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- 3Return chicken to pan with stock, lentils and chilli, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until reduced, thickened and lentils are tender.
- 4Stir spinach leaves through. Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds. Serve with pappadams, yoghurt, sambal and chutney.
Toast almonds in a dry frying pan, shaking over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019