Dahl with chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 750 gram chicken thigh fillets, 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1 long green chilli, halved lengthways
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- toasted flaked almonds, pappadams, natural yoghurt, tomato sambal, chutney, to serve
Dahl with chicken
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Brown chicken in 3 batches for 2-3 minutes each. Set aside.
- 2In same pan, saute onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add ginger, spices and curry leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- 3Return chicken to pan with stock, lentils and chilli, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until reduced, thickened and lentils are tender.
- 4Stir spinach leaves through. Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds. Serve with pappadams, yoghurt, sambal and chutney.
Toast almonds in a dry frying pan, shaking over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeToday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked lemon and coconut tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyYesterday 2:00pm
- Leek and mushroom lasagneYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional Greek recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 gluten-free dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best spaghetti bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate indulgence cakeYesterday 2:00pm