Dahl with chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 750 gram chicken thigh fillets, 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1 long green chilli, halved lengthways
- 50 gram baby spinach leaves
- toasted flaked almonds, pappadams, natural yoghurt, tomato sambal, chutney, to serve
Dahl with chicken
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Brown chicken in 3 batches for 2-3 minutes each. Set aside.
- 2In same pan, saute onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add ginger, spices and curry leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic.
- 3Return chicken to pan with stock, lentils and chilli, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until reduced, thickened and lentils are tender.
- 4Stir spinach leaves through. Sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds. Serve with pappadams, yoghurt, sambal and chutney.
Toast almonds in a dry frying pan, shaking over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until golden.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020