Curried chicken pie
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 750 gram chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 1 large (500g) kumara (orange sweet potato), chopped finely
- 3/4 cup (225g) butter chicken simmer sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 sheets fillo pastry
- 100 gram butter, melted
Curried chicken pie
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately hot (200°C/180°C fan-forced). Grease a 24cm springform pan.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large saucepan, cook the chicken, in batches, until browned. Heat remaining oil in same pan, cook kumara, uncovered, until browned. Return chicken to pan.
- 3Add simmer sauce and cream to chicken mixture. Bring to the boil; reduce heat simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken and kumara are cooked. Stir in coriander and salt and pepper to taste. Cool.
- 4Meanwhile, layer 3 sheets of pastry, brushing each with some of the butter. Fold in half lengthways, place across the base and up the side of the prepared pan with edges overhanging. Repeat with another 9 sheets, overlapping strips clockwise around pan until covered.
- 5Spoon chicken mixture into pan, trim pastry to be level with top edge of pan. Layer remaining 3 pastry sheets, brushing with butter. Fold in half crossways. Place pastry on top of pie, trim pastry to a round a little larger than the pan. Tuck pastry edge down sides of pan, brush top with butter. Place pie on an oven tray.
- 6Bake for about 45 minutes or until boiled. Stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Not suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Sugar-free recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy cheesecake slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 traditional Australian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020