Curried chicken pie
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 750 gram chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 1 large (500g) kumara (orange sweet potato), chopped finely
- 3/4 cup (225g) butter chicken simmer sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15 sheets fillo pastry
- 100 gram butter, melted
Curried chicken pie
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately hot (200°C/180°C fan-forced). Grease a 24cm springform pan.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large saucepan, cook the chicken, in batches, until browned. Heat remaining oil in same pan, cook kumara, uncovered, until browned. Return chicken to pan.
- 3Add simmer sauce and cream to chicken mixture. Bring to the boil; reduce heat simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken and kumara are cooked. Stir in coriander and salt and pepper to taste. Cool.
- 4Meanwhile, layer 3 sheets of pastry, brushing each with some of the butter. Fold in half lengthways, place across the base and up the side of the prepared pan with edges overhanging. Repeat with another 9 sheets, overlapping strips clockwise around pan until covered.
- 5Spoon chicken mixture into pan, trim pastry to be level with top edge of pan. Layer remaining 3 pastry sheets, brushing with butter. Fold in half crossways. Place pastry on top of pie, trim pastry to a round a little larger than the pan. Tuck pastry edge down sides of pan, brush top with butter. Place pie on an oven tray.
- 6Bake for about 45 minutes or until boiled. Stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Not suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019