- 3 large trimmed corn cobs (750g)
- 420 gram (13½ ounces) canned kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2/3 cup (130g) pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) grated cheddar
- 160 gram (5 ounces) feta, crumbled
- 10 x 20cm (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 2 medium roma (egg) tomatoes (300g)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeño chillies
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Cook corn, turning, 15 minutes or until tender and lightly charred. Cool slightly; cut kernels from cobs. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, make tomato salsa.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 4Mash beans in a medium bowl to crush slightly. Stir in coriander, corn, half the pepitas, half the cheddar and half the feta; season with black pepper.
- 5Divide filling between tortillas, placing it over half of each tortilla, leaving a 1cm (½-inch) border. Fold tortillas over to enclose filling, pressing down firmly. Place on baking-paperlined oven trays. Brush tops with oil. Scatter with combined remaining cheeses and pepitas.
- 6Bake quesadillas 15 minutes, swapping trays from top to bottom, for even browning, or until browned lightly and filling is hot. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
To make tomato salsa; quarter tomatoes. Squeeze out seeds; finely chop. Combine tomato with remaining ingredients in a small bowl; season to taste. You can substitute either one fresh red bird's-eye chilli or ½ teaspoon chilli flakes for pickled jalapeño if you like. For a lower fat version, use reduced-fat cheeses and sour cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Croque monsieurYesterday 7:00pm
- Osso buco with gremolataYesterday 5:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019