- 700 g pandoro (see tips)
- 1 cup (330g) chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 1 litre (4 cups) salted caramel ice-cream (see tips)
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar
- purchased thick vanilla custard, to serve, optional
- 1Freeze pandoro for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 2Turn pandoro upside down on a board. Using a long thin sharp knife held at an angle, cut out a 12cm (4¾in) round from the base. The round should look like a wide cone. Cut a hole in the pandoro, as neatly as possible, leaving a 2cm (¾in) wall all around. Remove the centre of the pandoro; as the pandoro is star-shaped, it will be thinner in some parts and thicker in others. Trim and keep the 12cm round; reserve pandoro off cuts for another use (see tips).
- 3Use a small palette knife to spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread over the inside of the pandoro. Spoon raspberry jam into the base. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, remove ice-cream from the freezer to soften for 15 minutes.
- 5Spoon ice-cream into the centre of pandoro a little at a time. Replace the reserved pandoro round. Cover; freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm. Remove pandoro from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- 6Dust pandoro with sifted icing sugar and serve with raspberries and custard, if you like.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.Pandoro is a sweet Italian yeast bread, available around Christmas and New Year. If unavailable, use panettone, however, it won't have the same star shape. Use pandoro off cuts to make trifles, Christmas truffles or bread and butter pudding. We used a salted caramel ice-cream with chocolate-coated hazelnuts; you can use your favourite flavour.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020