- 700 g pandoro (see tips)
- 1 cup (330g) chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 1 litre (4 cups) salted caramel ice-cream (see tips)
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar
- purchased thick vanilla custard, to serve, optional
- 1Freeze pandoro for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 2Turn pandoro upside down on a board. Using a long thin sharp knife held at an angle, cut out a 12cm (4¾in) round from the base. The round should look like a wide cone. Cut a hole in the pandoro, as neatly as possible, leaving a 2cm (¾in) wall all around. Remove the centre of the pandoro; as the pandoro is star-shaped, it will be thinner in some parts and thicker in others. Trim and keep the 12cm round; reserve pandoro off cuts for another use (see tips).
- 3Use a small palette knife to spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread over the inside of the pandoro. Spoon raspberry jam into the base. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, remove ice-cream from the freezer to soften for 15 minutes.
- 5Spoon ice-cream into the centre of pandoro a little at a time. Replace the reserved pandoro round. Cover; freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm. Remove pandoro from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- 6Dust pandoro with sifted icing sugar and serve with raspberries and custard, if you like.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.Pandoro is a sweet Italian yeast bread, available around Christmas and New Year. If unavailable, use panettone, however, it won't have the same star shape. Use pandoro off cuts to make trifles, Christmas truffles or bread and butter pudding. We used a salted caramel ice-cream with chocolate-coated hazelnuts; you can use your favourite flavour.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022