- 2 potatoes (400g), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green capsicum (200g), sliced thinly
- 1 red capsicum (200g), sliced thinly
- 2 red banana chillies, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cup (185g) grated cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 green thai chilli, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1Grease deep 20cm-round cake pan; line base with greaseproof paper.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave potato until just tender. Drain; cool.
- 3Heat oil in large saucepan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft. Remove from pan.
- 4Add capsicums; cook, stirring, until tender. Remove from pan.
- 5Add chillies; cook, stirring, until just tender.
- 6Layer potato, onion mixture, capsicums and chillies in prepared pan, sprinkling cheese between layers. Pour combined egg, cream and coriander over top. Bake, uncovered, in moderately hot oven 1 hour. Stand in pan 10 minutes before cutting.
Try layering dry chargrilled eggplant and capsicum slices, semi-dried tomatoes, cheese and chopped fresh basil, or make a breakfast frittata with mushrooms, tomato and chives. Ricotta cheese may be substituted for cream to reduce fat and kilojoule count, if preferred. Frittata can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated, covered.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021