Looking for more chicken dinner recipes?
- 500 gram chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) mirin
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) kecap manis
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Slice chicken into thin diagonal strips; thread strips loosely onto skewers. Place skewers, in single layer, in large shallow dish.
- 2In a small jug, combine mirin and kecap manis. Pour half the marinade over skewers; reserve remaining marinade. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 3In a small saucepan, simmer reserved marinade over low heat until reduced by half.
- 4Meanwhile, cook drained skewers on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Serve skewers drizzled with hot marinade and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
You need 24 bamboo skewers for this recipe. Soak in water at least 30 minutes before using to avoid splintering and scorching during cooking. Or, if you don't have time, cover the ends of the skewers in foil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021