Looking for more chicken dinner recipes?
- 500 gram chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) mirin
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) kecap manis
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Slice chicken into thin diagonal strips; thread strips loosely onto skewers. Place skewers, in single layer, in large shallow dish.
- 2In a small jug, combine mirin and kecap manis. Pour half the marinade over skewers; reserve remaining marinade. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 3In a small saucepan, simmer reserved marinade over low heat until reduced by half.
- 4Meanwhile, cook drained skewers on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Serve skewers drizzled with hot marinade and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
You need 24 bamboo skewers for this recipe. Soak in water at least 30 minutes before using to avoid splintering and scorching during cooking. Or, if you don't have time, cover the ends of the skewers in foil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021