- 2 brown onions (300g), chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped coarsely
- 2 carrots (240g), chopped coarsely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped coarsely
- 4 centimetre piece fresh ginger (20g), grated
- 2 chicken marylands (700g)
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1Place onion, garlic, carrot, celery, chilli, ginger, chicken, curry powder, cumin, garam masala and stock in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 8 hours.
- 2Carefully remove chicken from the cooker; discard the skin and bones. Shred meat coarsely using two forks.
- 3Skim fat from the surface of the vegetable mixture. Blend or process vegetable mixture until smooth. Return chicken to the pan with the coconut milk; stir to combine. Ladle soup into serving bowls; sprinkle with coriander to serve, and drizzle with extra coconut milk, if you like.
Garam masala is a blend of spices including cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, fennel and cumin, that are roasted and ground together. Black pepper and chilli can be added for a hotter version.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022