- 2 brown onions (300g), chopped coarsely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped coarsely
- 2 carrots (240g), chopped coarsely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped coarsely
- 4 centimetre piece fresh ginger (20g), grated
- 2 chicken marylands (700g)
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1Place onion, garlic, carrot, celery, chilli, ginger, chicken, curry powder, cumin, garam masala and stock in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 8 hours.
- 2Carefully remove chicken from the cooker; discard the skin and bones. Shred meat coarsely using two forks.
- 3Skim fat from the surface of the vegetable mixture. Blend or process vegetable mixture until smooth. Return chicken to the pan with the coconut milk; stir to combine. Ladle soup into serving bowls; sprinkle with coriander to serve, and drizzle with extra coconut milk, if you like.
Garam masala is a blend of spices including cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, fennel and cumin, that are roasted and ground together. Black pepper and chilli can be added for a hotter version.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeAug 13, 2020
- Lemon sand cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate stout cakeAug 13, 2020
- Fruit spirals with white chocolate sauceAug 13, 2020
- Coconut & lemon curd cakeAug 13, 2020
- Delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 13, 2020
- Cherry, almond & brown butter cakeAug 13, 2020
- Chocolate, hazelnut & pear scrollsAug 13, 2020
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaAug 12, 2020
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesAug 12, 2020
- RatatouilleAug 12, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020