- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 gram chicken thigh fillets, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium red onions (340 grams), thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cup (375 millilitres) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1In large frying pan, heat half the oil; cook chicken, in batches, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add garlic, chilli, and spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return chicken to pan with stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Transfer to large bowl; cool 5 minutes. Stir in nuts, egg and herbs; season.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush deep 20cm (8-inch) round cake pan with a little butter. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 4Layer four sheets of pastry, brushing each with butter. Line cake pan with pastry, allowing edges to overhang. Repeat with remaining pastry and butter. Position pastry crossways over pastry in pan. Spoon chicken mixture into pan. Fold overhanging pastry over filling to enclose. Brush with butter.
- 5Bake about 30 minutes or until browned. Turn pie onto tray. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar and cinnamon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Veal braciole with rice and peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef mince and rice burritosYesterday 3:11am
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022