- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 gram chicken thigh fillets, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium red onions (340 grams), thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cup (375 millilitres) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1In large frying pan, heat half the oil; cook chicken, in batches, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add garlic, chilli, and spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return chicken to pan with stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Transfer to large bowl; cool 5 minutes. Stir in nuts, egg and herbs; season.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush deep 20cm (8-inch) round cake pan with a little butter. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 4Layer four sheets of pastry, brushing each with butter. Line cake pan with pastry, allowing edges to overhang. Repeat with remaining pastry and butter. Position pastry crossways over pastry in pan. Spoon chicken mixture into pan. Fold overhanging pastry over filling to enclose. Brush with butter.
- 5Bake about 30 minutes or until browned. Turn pie onto tray. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar and cinnamon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021