- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 gram chicken thigh fillets, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium red onions (340 grams), thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cup (375 millilitres) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1In large frying pan, heat half the oil; cook chicken, in batches, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat remaining oil in pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add garlic, chilli, and spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return chicken to pan with stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Transfer to large bowl; cool 5 minutes. Stir in nuts, egg and herbs; season.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush deep 20cm (8-inch) round cake pan with a little butter. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 4Layer four sheets of pastry, brushing each with butter. Line cake pan with pastry, allowing edges to overhang. Repeat with remaining pastry and butter. Position pastry crossways over pastry in pan. Spoon chicken mixture into pan. Fold overhanging pastry over filling to enclose. Brush with butter.
- 5Bake about 30 minutes or until browned. Turn pie onto tray. Bake about 15 minutes or until browned. Serve dusted with sifted icing sugar and cinnamon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021