- 10 (200g) fresh dates, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (70g) raisins
- 1/2 cup (55g) roasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sweet red wine
- 200 gram dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate (70% cocoa solids), melted
- 1/3 cup (40g) roasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1Blend or process dates, raisins, coarsely chopped nuts and wine until mixture forms a smooth paste.
- 2Using wet hands, roll level teaspoons of mixture into balls, place on baking-paper-lined tray. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 3Dip half the balls in melted chocolate, place on foil-lined tray, leave to set at room temperature. Roll remaining balls in finely chopped nuts.
You can use orange juice in place of the sweet red wine if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022