- 1 medium (900g) cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 1/4 cup (35g) chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 200 gram large boccocini, drained, sliced thinly
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1Make pizza sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 2Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper; mark 27cm circles on paper, turn paper over.
- 3Pulse cauliflower, in 2 batches, until it resembles fine crumbs.
- 4Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl; stir in chickpea flour, parmesan and eggs. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Shape cauliflower mixture into marked rounds on trays; smooth the surface. Bake on bottom shelf for 25 minutes or until golden.
- 6Spread pizza sauce over bases. Top with bocconcini. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and cheese has melted.
Pizza topping inspiration:
- Prosciutto and rocket: Bake pizza as above. Top hot pizza with 100g thinly sliced prosciutto and 50g rocket.
- Mushrooms: Prepare pizza up to step 6. Top the bocconcini with 120g thinly sliced button or Swiss brown mushrooms. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with 2 finely chopped cloves garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Bake as above.
- Diavola: Prepare pizza up to step 6. Top the bocconcini with 100g thinly sliced hot salami and 1/2 Cup (120g) sliced drained chargrilled capsicum. Bake as above, then scatter with basil leaves before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020