- 1 medium (900g) cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 1/4 cup (35g) chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 cup (80g) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 200 gram large boccocini, drained, sliced thinly
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1Make pizza sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 2Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper; mark 27cm circles on paper, turn paper over.
- 3Pulse cauliflower, in 2 batches, until it resembles fine crumbs.
- 4Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl; stir in chickpea flour, parmesan and eggs. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Shape cauliflower mixture into marked rounds on trays; smooth the surface. Bake on bottom shelf for 25 minutes or until golden.
- 6Spread pizza sauce over bases. Top with bocconcini. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and cheese has melted.
Pizza topping inspiration:
- Prosciutto and rocket: Bake pizza as above. Top hot pizza with 100g thinly sliced prosciutto and 50g rocket.
- Mushrooms: Prepare pizza up to step 6. Top the bocconcini with 120g thinly sliced button or Swiss brown mushrooms. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with 2 finely chopped cloves garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Bake as above.
- Diavola: Prepare pizza up to step 6. Top the bocconcini with 100g thinly sliced hot salami and 1/2 Cup (120g) sliced drained chargrilled capsicum. Bake as above, then scatter with basil leaves before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frostingYesterday 11:22pm
- Lamb kofta with cucumber yoghurtYesterday 11:00pm
- Creamy salmon gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 of our best gnocchi recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy hot cross bunsApr 01, 2020
- Gluten-free banana breadApr 01, 2020
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakesApr 01, 2020
- Chicken, pumpkin and apricot tagineApr 01, 2020
- Salted honeycombApr 01, 2020
- Tuna mornayApr 01, 2020
- Flourless cakesMar 31, 2020
- White sauceMar 31, 2020
- Dinner date recipes to impressMar 31, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 31, 2020
- Princess-themed birthday cakesMar 31, 2020
- 100 years of Australian dinnersMar 31, 2020