Looking for more hand-held pie recipes?
- 1 small onion (80g), chopped finely
- 250 grams (8oz) minced (ground) chicken
- 1 small carrot (70g), grated coarsely
- 2 tablespoons butter chicken curry paste
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh small mint leaves
- 80 grams (2½oz) baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add carrot, paste and peas; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste.
- 3Cut each pastry sheet into quarters (you will have eight squares). Place four pastry squares on tray; divide mixture evenly among squares, placing in the centre of each one. Brush edges with egg.
- 4Gently fold remaining pastry squares in half; using kitchen scissors, cut five slits in the centre of each pastry. Open pastry squares out. Place over filling to enclose; press edges together with a fork to seal.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Meanwhile, to make minty yoghurt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 7Serve pies with mint leaves, rocket and minty yoghurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022