- 1 small onion (80g), chopped finely
- 250 grams (8oz) minced (ground) chicken
- 1 small carrot (70g), grated coarsely
- 2 tablespoons butter chicken curry paste
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh small mint leaves
- 80 grams (2½oz) baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add carrot, paste and peas; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste.
- 3Cut each pastry sheet into quarters (you will have eight squares). Place four pastry squares on tray; divide mixture evenly among squares, placing in the centre of each one. Brush edges with egg.
- 4Gently fold remaining pastry squares in half; using kitchen scissors, cut five slits in the centre of each pastry. Open pastry squares out. Place over filling to enclose; press edges together with a fork to seal.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Meanwhile, to make minty yoghurt, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 7Serve pies with mint leaves, rocket and minty yoghurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019
- Fettuccine carbonaraSep 05, 2019
- Easy four-cheese pieSep 05, 2019
- Sandwich ideas that are a little bit fancySep 05, 2019