- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/4 cup polenta
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup treacle
- 1 teaspoon brown vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease 2 nut roll tins.
- 2Sift flours and soda into a large bowl, stir in polenta, sugar and raisins.
- 3Stir in combined milk, treacle and vinegar (mixture should look coarse and grainy).
- 4Spoon mixture evenly into prepared tins. Bake for about 1 hour. Stand rolls in tins, with lids on, for 10 minutes. Remove lids, turn rolls on to wire rack to cool. Serve.
This bread should keep for about 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020