- 2 cup rice
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 500 gram minced steak
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon dried chili flakes (or hot chilli sauce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, seeds removed, cut into matchsticks
- 100 gram shitake mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 4 eggs
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- 1Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes. Drain well and keep hot.
- 2Meanwhile, heat half oil in a wok or large frying pan on high. Stir-fry mince with garlic, ginger and chilli for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Stir soy through and transfer to a serving plate. Keep warm.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same wok on high and stir-fry vegetables separately for 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- 4Divide rice between 4 bowls. Arrange vegetables and mince around rice and top with an egg. Serve with chilli sauce and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy loaf cake recipes for morning teaYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best Asian-inspired vegetarian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Healthy lunch ideas you'll actually be excited to eatYesterday 5:43am
- Easy cheesecake slicesAug 11, 2020
- Sugar-free recipesAug 11, 2020
- 20 traditional Australian recipesAug 11, 2020
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeAug 11, 2020
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020