- 2 cup rice
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 500 gram minced steak
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon dried chili flakes (or hot chilli sauce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, seeds removed, cut into matchsticks
- 100 gram shitake mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 4 eggs
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- 1Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes. Drain well and keep hot.
- 2Meanwhile, heat half oil in a wok or large frying pan on high. Stir-fry mince with garlic, ginger and chilli for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Stir soy through and transfer to a serving plate. Keep warm.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same wok on high and stir-fry vegetables separately for 1-2 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- 4Divide rice between 4 bowls. Arrange vegetables and mince around rice and top with an egg. Serve with chilli sauce and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020