Beef panang curry
- 500 gram beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 400 millilitre can coconut milk
- 100 gram snake beans, cut into 8cm lengths
- 125 gram fresh baby corn
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thinly
- 5 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander (cilantro) root
- 3 centimetre piece ginger (15g), sliced
- 10 centimetre stick lemon grass (20g), sliced
- 2 red shallots (50g), chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted peanuts
Beef panang curry
- 1Combine beef, kecap manis, garlic and half the oil in a medium bowl, turning the beef to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Make curry paste: blend or process all the ingredients, except for peanuts, until smooth. Add peanuts; blend until combined.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan; stir-fry ½ cup of the paste until fragrant. Add fish sauce, sugar and kaffir lime leaves; stir-fry 1 minute. Add coconut milk; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat an oiled grill pan (or barbecue or grill) over medium heat.
- 5Cook beef on a heated grill pan for 3 minutes each side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate, cover; rest for 5 minutes. Slice beef thickly.
- 6Stir beans and corn into wok; simmer 5 minutes or until just tender. Serve curry topped with beef, coriander and chilli.
Although the curry paste recipe makes 1 cup, you only need 1/2 cup for the curry recipe. Freeze the remaining paste for up to 3 months. The beef can be marinated and curry paste made up to 3 days ahead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020