- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain.
- 2Place drained chickpeas in a large saucepan with plenty of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water and ¼ cup whole chickpeas.
- 3Process remaining chickpeas and reserved cooking water until smooth. Add garlic, tahini, juice and oil; process until combined.
- 4Serve topped with reserved chickpeas, a little extra oil and pitta bread.
Use 800g (1½ pounds) canned chickpeas instead of dried; drain, reserving ½ cup liquid. Use only if needed to thin hummus.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021