- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain.
- 2Place drained chickpeas in a large saucepan with plenty of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water and ¼ cup whole chickpeas.
- 3Process remaining chickpeas and reserved cooking water until smooth. Add garlic, tahini, juice and oil; process until combined.
- 4Serve topped with reserved chickpeas, a little extra oil and pitta bread.
Use 800g (1½ pounds) canned chickpeas instead of dried; drain, reserving ½ cup liquid. Use only if needed to thin hummus.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019