- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain.
- 2Place drained chickpeas in a large saucepan with plenty of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water and ¼ cup whole chickpeas.
- 3Process remaining chickpeas and reserved cooking water until smooth. Add garlic, tahini, juice and oil; process until combined.
- 4Serve topped with reserved chickpeas, a little extra oil and pitta bread.
Use 800g (1½ pounds) canned chickpeas instead of dried; drain, reserving ½ cup liquid. Use only if needed to thin hummus.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019