- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain.
- 2Place drained chickpeas in a large saucepan with plenty of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water and ¼ cup whole chickpeas.
- 3Process remaining chickpeas and reserved cooking water until smooth. Add garlic, tahini, juice and oil; process until combined.
- 4Serve topped with reserved chickpeas, a little extra oil and pitta bread.
Use 800g (1½ pounds) canned chickpeas instead of dried; drain, reserving ½ cup liquid. Use only if needed to thin hummus.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021