- 1 cup (200g) dried chickpeas
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Soak chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain.
- 2Place drained chickpeas in a large saucepan with plenty of water. Bring to a simmer over high heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking water and ¼ cup whole chickpeas.
- 3Process remaining chickpeas and reserved cooking water until smooth. Add garlic, tahini, juice and oil; process until combined.
- 4Serve topped with reserved chickpeas, a little extra oil and pitta bread.
Use 800g (1½ pounds) canned chickpeas instead of dried; drain, reserving ½ cup liquid. Use only if needed to thin hummus.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chicken rissolesNov 30, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceNov 30, 2021
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 30, 2021
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021