- 4 cured chorizo sausages (680g), sliced thickly
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 baby fennel (260g), trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken stock
- 800 gram canned white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 250 gram trimmed silver beet (swiss chard), chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- 2Cook chorizo in heated large flameproof dish, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and fennel; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 3Add undrained tomatoes, stock, beans and the water; cook, in oven, uncovered, 15 minutes. Stir in silver beet; cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until silver beet wilts. Season to taste.
You need about 1kg (2 pounds) of untrimmed silver beet to get the amount needed for this recipe. Many varieties of already cooked white beans are available canned, among them cannellini, butter and haricot beans; any of these are suitable for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019