- 4 cured chorizo sausages (680g), sliced thickly
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 baby fennel (260g), trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken stock
- 800 gram canned white beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 250 gram trimmed silver beet (swiss chard), chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- 2Cook chorizo in heated large flameproof dish, stirring, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and fennel; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 3Add undrained tomatoes, stock, beans and the water; cook, in oven, uncovered, 15 minutes. Stir in silver beet; cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until silver beet wilts. Season to taste.
You need about 1kg (2 pounds) of untrimmed silver beet to get the amount needed for this recipe. Many varieties of already cooked white beans are available canned, among them cannellini, butter and haricot beans; any of these are suitable for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019