- 2 x400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 medium lemon (140g)
- 680 g asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Pat lentils dry with paper towel. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and chilli for 30 seconds; add lentils. Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until lentils are crisp. Season to taste. Remove from pan, drain on paper towel.
- 2Remove strips of rind from lemon using a zesting tool; place in a bowl of cold water.
- 3Place half the asparagus in a steamer, bamboo steamer or round wire rack over a wok or wide pan containing about 2cm water. Steam asparagus, covered, for 1 minute; transfer to a plate. Season. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- 4Pulse half the yoghurt, the herbs and juice in a small food processor until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in remaining yoghurt; season to taste.
- 5Spoon some of the herb yoghurt on a platter, top with asparagus; sprinkle with crisp lentils. Spoon over more of the herb yoghurt; top with lemon strips. Serve with remaining herb yoghurt.
Herb yoghurt can be made up to a day ahead and refrigerated.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021