- 30 gram (1 ounce) butter
- 1 brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 8 zucchini (1.2kg), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon pouring cream, extra
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add flour and zucchini; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth.
- 4Just before serving, return soup to pan. Add cream; stir over medium heat until hot. Season to taste. To serve, drizzle with extra cream and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze. Don't reboil the soup once you add the cream, as the soup may curdle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm