- 30 gram (1 ounce) butter
- 1 brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 8 zucchini (1.2kg), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon pouring cream, extra
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add flour and zucchini; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth.
- 4Just before serving, return soup to pan. Add cream; stir over medium heat until hot. Season to taste. To serve, drizzle with extra cream and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze. Don't reboil the soup once you add the cream, as the soup may curdle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021