- 30 gram (1 ounce) butter
- 1 brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 8 zucchini (1.2kg), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon pouring cream, extra
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add flour and zucchini; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Blend or process soup, in batches, until smooth.
- 4Just before serving, return soup to pan. Add cream; stir over medium heat until hot. Season to taste. To serve, drizzle with extra cream and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze. Don't reboil the soup once you add the cream, as the soup may curdle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020