- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, cut into strips
- 2 slices bread, torn into 1cm pieces
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1/2 medium (85g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (250ml) prepared caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Split chicken in half horizontally. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 3 minutes each side or until browned lightly and just cooked through. Pierce with a skewer and if juices run clear, chicken is cooked. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 2In the same pan, cook bacon until golden and starting to crisp. Remove bacon from pan with tongs or slotted spoon.
- 3Add remaining oil to pan; add bread and anchovies; cook, stirring, until golden and crisp. Remove from pan. Coarsely chop the anchovies.
- 4Wipe out the pan with absorbent paper. Fill the pan 4cm deep with boiling water. Reduce the heat until water is just simmering. Crack eggs one at a time and gently slide into the simmering water. When the white is firm and the yolk still runny, carefully remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon. Rest the spoon on absorbent paper for a moment then place on a plate.
- 5To assemble the salad, toss lettuce leaves and onion with the dressing; divide between four large bowls or plates. Top with chicken and bacon. Place eggs on top, then sprinkle with the bread, anchovies and parmesan.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Pasta winterveraAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022