- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, cut into strips
- 2 slices bread, torn into 1cm pieces
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1/2 medium (85g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (250ml) prepared caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Split chicken in half horizontally. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 3 minutes each side or until browned lightly and just cooked through. Pierce with a skewer and if juices run clear, chicken is cooked. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 2In the same pan, cook bacon until golden and starting to crisp. Remove bacon from pan with tongs or slotted spoon.
- 3Add remaining oil to pan; add bread and anchovies; cook, stirring, until golden and crisp. Remove from pan. Coarsely chop the anchovies.
- 4Wipe out the pan with absorbent paper. Fill the pan 4cm deep with boiling water. Reduce the heat until water is just simmering. Crack eggs one at a time and gently slide into the simmering water. When the white is firm and the yolk still runny, carefully remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon. Rest the spoon on absorbent paper for a moment then place on a plate.
- 5To assemble the salad, toss lettuce leaves and onion with the dressing; divide between four large bowls or plates. Top with chicken and bacon. Place eggs on top, then sprinkle with the bread, anchovies and parmesan.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded pumpkin breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple crumbleYesterday 1:00pm
- White chocolate, raspberry and macadamia blondiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free banana breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 28 mango recipes for dessertYesterday 1:00pm
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- How to start a food blogOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021