- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, cut into strips
- 2 slices bread, torn into 1cm pieces
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1/2 medium (85g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (250ml) prepared caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Split chicken in half horizontally. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 3 minutes each side or until browned lightly and just cooked through. Pierce with a skewer and if juices run clear, chicken is cooked. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 2In the same pan, cook bacon until golden and starting to crisp. Remove bacon from pan with tongs or slotted spoon.
- 3Add remaining oil to pan; add bread and anchovies; cook, stirring, until golden and crisp. Remove from pan. Coarsely chop the anchovies.
- 4Wipe out the pan with absorbent paper. Fill the pan 4cm deep with boiling water. Reduce the heat until water is just simmering. Crack eggs one at a time and gently slide into the simmering water. When the white is firm and the yolk still runny, carefully remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon. Rest the spoon on absorbent paper for a moment then place on a plate.
- 5To assemble the salad, toss lettuce leaves and onion with the dressing; divide between four large bowls or plates. Top with chicken and bacon. Place eggs on top, then sprinkle with the bread, anchovies and parmesan.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Meatball subsYesterday 11:12pm
- Arancini with prosciutto and peasJan 20, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 17, 2019
- Vegan pumpkin maple waffles with pecanJan 16, 2019
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019