Steamed salmon in silverbeet
- 2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 4 silverbeet leaves, rinsed, tough stems removed
- 500 gram skinless salmon fillet, any pin bones removed, cut into 4 even pieces
Lemon, olive and caper sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup stoned green olives, chopped
Steamed salmon in silverbeet with lemon, olive and caper sauce
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and have a large bowl with cold water handy. Add the salt to the boiling water and add the silverbeet leaves for just 30 seconds.
- 2Remove with a skimmer or slotted spoon and transfer to the cold water. Spread leaves out flat on paper towels.
- 3Season salmon lightly with salt, then wrap each piece with silverbeet. Set aside.
- 4Lemon, olive and caper sauce: Combine oil, capers, lemon zest, juice, and olives in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Remove from the heat, cover with lid and set aside.
- 5Place wrapped salmon in a steamer basket and steam, covered, over simmering water for 3-4 minutes until salmon is lightly cooked. Transfer to warm plates and drizzle with prepared sauce.
- 6Serve with steamed green beans.
Use 8 large spinach leaves in place of silverbeet, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021