Steamed salmon in silverbeet
- 2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 4 silverbeet leaves, rinsed, tough stems removed
- 500 gram skinless salmon fillet, any pin bones removed, cut into 4 even pieces
Lemon, olive and caper sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup stoned green olives, chopped
Steamed salmon in silverbeet with lemon, olive and caper sauce
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and have a large bowl with cold water handy. Add the salt to the boiling water and add the silverbeet leaves for just 30 seconds.
- 2Remove with a skimmer or slotted spoon and transfer to the cold water. Spread leaves out flat on paper towels.
- 3Season salmon lightly with salt, then wrap each piece with silverbeet. Set aside.
- 4Lemon, olive and caper sauce: Combine oil, capers, lemon zest, juice, and olives in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Remove from the heat, cover with lid and set aside.
- 5Place wrapped salmon in a steamer basket and steam, covered, over simmering water for 3-4 minutes until salmon is lightly cooked. Transfer to warm plates and drizzle with prepared sauce.
- 6Serve with steamed green beans.
Use 8 large spinach leaves in place of silverbeet, if preferred.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mixed berry clafoutisYesterday 12:14am
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019
- Berry and coconut chia puddingAug 07, 2019
- 22 pasta recipesAug 07, 2019
- Roast vegetable spelt pastaAug 06, 2019
- 10 easy bread recipesAug 06, 2019
- Slow-cooked lamb with braised green beansAug 06, 2019
- Chicken dinner recipesAug 06, 2019