- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot (120g), chopped finely
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped finely
- 500 gram (1 pound) minced (ground) beef
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry red wine
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato paste
- 400 gram (13 ounces) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 375 gram (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/3 cup (25g) flaked parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan, add onion, garlic, carrot and celery; cook, stirring, until vegetables soften. Add beef; stir until browned. Stir in wine, stock, paste, undrained tomatoes and oregano; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- 2Uncover; simmer, a further 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
- 4Serve spaghetti topped with bolognese mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020