- 1 fresh duck, rinsed, dried
- 1 tablespoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 orange, halved
- 2 green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 whole star anlse
- 2 ginger, sliced
- 8 crepes, sliced cucumber, plum or hoisin sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Place a wire rack or trivet in a large baking dish.
- 2Rub duck skin with combined five spice, sugar and salt. Fill cavity with remaining ingredients. Seal cavity with a wooden skewer or tooth picks. Place duck, breast-side up, on rack.
- 3Bake 3 hours, turning and pricking skin every 30 minutes, to render the excess fat.
- 4Remove duck meat and skin from carcass. Thinly slice.
- 5Roll up sliced duck meat, sliced cucumber and hoisin or plum sauce in homemade crepes, rice paper wraps or pre-made pancake wrappers.
Pre-made pancake wrappers are available from Asian supermarkets. To make your own crepes, whisk 1 cup plain flour, 300 millilitres milk and egg together. Cook 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time, in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat, until golden. Turn and cook the other side.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021