Sausage meatball pasta
- 1 brown onion (200g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 gram thick italian pork or beef sausages
- 2 clove garlic
- 400 gram canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 350 gram rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan cheese
Sausage meatball pasta
- 1Peel then finely chop the onion. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan on the stove over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the onion to the pan; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for about 4 minutes or until soft. Remove the onion from the pan and put it in a small heatproof bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, squeeze sausage meat from casings into a medium bowl. Throw away casings (the skin that covers the sausages). Roll the sausage mixture into 2.5cm (1-inch) balls with wet hands.
- 3Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the meatballs to the pan; cook for about 5 minutes, turning, until browned all over.
- 4Meanwhile, peel then crush the garlic. Add the garlic to the pan with the onion and undrained canned tomatoes, stock and the water; heat until the mixture boils.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low; add the pasta to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook, stirring every few minutes to stop the pasta from sticking to the base of the pan, for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat; leave the lid on the pan and stand for 5 minutes before serving. Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in oregano.
- 6Divide pasta and meatballs into serving bowls; sprinkle with the cheese.
Squeeze the sausage meat from the casings into a medium bowl. Using wet hands, roll the sausage mixture into meatballs. Cook the meatballs over a medium-high heat until browned all over.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022