- 3 medium (600g) potatoes, peeled
- 415 gram can pink salmon, drained, bones removed
- 5 green onions (green shallots), white and pale green parts sliced thinly
- 440 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cup (280g) stale breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Boil potatoes in a medium saucepan of salted water until tender, drain well. Transfer to a medium bowl, mash while hot.
- 2Stir in salmon, onion and corn. Season with salt and ground white pepper. Add egg and mix well. Stir in 2 cups breadcrumbs, or until the mixture is a good consistency for shaping into patties.
- 3Scoop small amounts of salmon mixture, about the size of a golf ball. Roll each ball in the remaining breadcrumbs, press on firmly. Flatten balls slightly into patties.
- 4Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 190°C, or in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Deep-fry patties, in batches, 3 minutes, or until a deep golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper. Allow oil to come back to temperature after each batch, before cooking the next.
- 5Serve the patties piping hot with green vegetables, mayonnaise and lemon halves, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- ColeslawYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey soy nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Millionaire's shortbreadYesterday 6:08am
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingYesterday 3:33am
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019