With a fragrant chicken filling these Mexican toasted sandwiches made with flour tortilla make a great starter for your Mexican feast or easy lunch idea. Serve with plenty of zesty guacamole for extra flavour.
Looking for more quesadilla recipes?
Quesadillas with guacamole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red onion (100g), chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium red capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 1 medium green capsicum (200g), chopped finely
- 3 cup (480g) shredded barbecued chicken
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cup (240g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 large tomato (220g), seeded, chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 2 large avocados (640g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
Quesadillas with guacamole
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan; cook garlic and onion, stirring, until onion softens. Add spices and capsicums; cook, stirring, until capsicums soften. Remove from heat; stir in chicken.
- 2Place one tortilla on board; top with ¼ cup of the cheese, then a quarter of the chicken mixture and finally another ¼ cup of the cheese. Top with a second tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and chicken mixture.
- 3Cook quesadillas, one at a time, uncovered, in same large lightly oiled frying pan, over medium heat, until golden brown. Turn quesadilla, browned-side up, onto large plate then carefully slide back into pan, uncooked-side down. Remove from pan when golden brown both sides; cover to keep warm while cooking remaining quesadillas.
- 4Meanwhile, place guacamole ingredients in medium bowl; mash with fork to combine.
- 5Serve quesadillas, cut into quarters, with guacamole and, if desired, a dollop of sour cream and a little shredded iceberg lettuce.
Quesadillas are flour tortillas enclosing a savoury filling, and are grilled or fried before being served. You need to purchase a large barbecued chicken weighing approximately 900g to get the amount of shredded meat required for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022