For more of these recipes head into store and pick up a copy of this month's issue The Australian Women's Weekly FOOD magazine. On sale now! Available in supermarkets and selected newsagents and online.
- 2 medium lemons (280g)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chipped fresh chives
- 3 kg cooked large prawns
- 3 radicchio (900g) or 3 small iceberg lettuce, trimmed
- 5 medium avocados (1.25kg), each cut lengthways into 6 wedges
- ½ cup fresh micro herbs or micro salad
- 1 cup (250ml) crème fraîche
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ⅔ cup (200g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1Using a zesting tool, remove rind from lemons. (Alternatively, peel lemon thinly avoiding white pith then cut into strips.) Juice lemons; you will need 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice.
- 2Combine strips of rind, juice, oil and half the chives in a small jug. Season.
- 3Make cocktail sauce.
- 4Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- 5Separate radicchio leaves, then arrange on a large platter; drizzle with a little of the lemon dressing.
- 6Combine prawns, avocado wedges and remaining lemon dressing; spoon prawn mixture onto radicchio, sprinkle with remaining chives and micro herbs. Serve with cocktail sauce.
- 7Combine ingredients in a small bowl, thinning with a little cold water if necessary. Cover; refrigerate until needed. (Makes 2 cups)
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022