From our "Five-ingredients" cookbook this simple persian bread with fetta and honey uses only 5 ingredients an a few pantry staples to create.
Looking for more recipes using only five-ingredients?
- 2½ cups (400g) bread flour, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 2 teaspoons (7g) dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 200 grams danish fetta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 20 grams butter
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1Place flour, yeast, honey, oil and salt flakes into the bowl of a food processor. With the motor operating, gradually add 1 cup (250ml) water, plus 1 tablespoon extra water; process until dough starts to form.
2 Turn dough out onto a lightly oiled work surface; knead with oiled hands for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a large oiled bowl; cover and stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
3 Oil a 23cm x 34cm (9¼in x 13½in) oven tray; press dough out evenly to fill tray. Cover; leave for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
4 Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
5 For butter glaze, place butter, extra flour, sugar and ¼ cup (60ml)water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
6 Gently score dough five times lengthways, using the back of a floured butter knife. Brush with butter glaze; scatter with sesame seeds.
7 Bake bread, rotating the tray halfway through cooking time, for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve bread warm with fetta and drizzled with extra honey.
Serve with ripe figs or wedges of crisp pear.swap it Serve with ricotta or goat's cheese instead of fetta.The bread is best eaten on the day of making, or it will freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw, then warm in a 180°C/350°F oven for 15 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021