- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small_piece brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium_piece carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 500 gram minced beef
- 500 gram minced pork
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 800 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 500 gram penne pasta
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; cook, stirring, until celery softens.
- 2Add beef and pork; cook, stirring, until browned. Add milk and wine; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated.
- 3Add undrained tomatoes; cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain. Serve bolognese sauce with pasta.
to freeze Complete recipe to the end of step 3. Cool sauce to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container. Label, date and freeze for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat in a saucepan and continue from step 4. Stir in ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves just before serving, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertYesterday 5:51am
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022
- What to make with your preserved lemonJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeJun 30, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022