- 20 gram lamb fillets
- 125 gram canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), insed, drained
- 60 gram drained char-grilled capsicum (bell pepper), sliced thinly
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 large tomato (220g), chopped finely
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa paste
- 6 butter (boston) lettuce leaves
- 2 rye mountain breads (50g)
- 1Cook lamb on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until cooked as desired. Cover lamb; rest for 5 minutes, then slice thickly.
- 2Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, capsicum, onion, tomato, mint, juice and oil in a large bowl; stir to combine.
- 3Combine yoghurt and harissa in a small bowl.
- 4Divide yoghurt mixture, lettuce, lamb and chickpea mixture between wraps. Roll firmly to enclose filling.
There are many types of mountain bread available; choose your favourite for this recipe. Can't handle the heat? Harissa is a very hot chilli paste that varies in strength between brands. Reduce the amount of harissa to suit your taste if you are not used to fiery heat. To take to work, transport the wrap in an airtight container; keep refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Thermomix Swedish meatballs with gravy and horseradish mashYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm