- 20 gram lamb fillets
- 125 gram canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), insed, drained
- 60 gram drained char-grilled capsicum (bell pepper), sliced thinly
- 1/2 small red onion (50g), chopped finely
- 1 large tomato (220g), chopped finely
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa paste
- 6 butter (boston) lettuce leaves
- 2 rye mountain breads (50g)
- 1Cook lamb on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until cooked as desired. Cover lamb; rest for 5 minutes, then slice thickly.
- 2Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, capsicum, onion, tomato, mint, juice and oil in a large bowl; stir to combine.
- 3Combine yoghurt and harissa in a small bowl.
- 4Divide yoghurt mixture, lettuce, lamb and chickpea mixture between wraps. Roll firmly to enclose filling.
There are many types of mountain bread available; choose your favourite for this recipe. Can't handle the heat? Harissa is a very hot chilli paste that varies in strength between brands. Reduce the amount of harissa to suit your taste if you are not used to fiery heat. To take to work, transport the wrap in an airtight container; keep refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021