- 2 limes
- 30 millilitre sugar syrup
- 12 sprigs fresh mint, plus extra, to serve
- 90 millilitre white rum
- 1 cup ice cubes
- fresh mint leaves, extra
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1Make sugar syrup. Cut lime into quarters; place 6 lime wedges into cocktail shaker. Using muddler, crush lime wedges with sugar syrup and sprigs of mint. Add rum and ice; shake vigorously.
- 2Strain into four 125ml glasses; top with soda water. Add remaining lime wedges and extra mint leaves to glass.
- 3Stir 1 cup caster sugar with 1 cup water in small saucepan, over low heat, until sugar dissolves; bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
You can buy sugar syrup from liquor stores or make your own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019