Looking for more Mexican recipes?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion (300g), sliced thinly
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 400 grams minced beef
- 800 grams canned diced tomatoes
- 420 grams canned kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 310 grams canned corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 30 grams taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 4 x 19cm flour tortillas
- ¾ cup (75g) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 1 lime, cut into cheeks
- 1 large avocado (320g), chopped coarsely
- 125 grams grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook onion and capsicum, stirring, about 5 minutes or until tender. Increase heat to high, add beef; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes, beans, corn and seasoning; simmer, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat; stir in coriander. Season to taste.
- 3Line base and sides of a 20cm (8-inch) round springform pan with foil or baking paper; place on oven tray. Line base of pan with a tortilla; top with one-third of the beef mixture. Repeat layering with remaining tortillas and beef mixture, finishing with a tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until browned lightly. Stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- 4Meanwhile, make avocado salad. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl; season to taste.Serve 'lasagne' with avocado salad and lime cheeks.
Serve with sour cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021