- 750 grams gluten-free beef sausages
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450 grams mixed baby heirloom tomatoes, halved if large
- 2 cups (560g) bottled passata
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 6 medium zucchini (900g)
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1Squeeze meat from sausages. Add garlic; mix to combine. Roll mixture into balls.
- 2Cook meatballs in an oiled large frying pan, over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes or until browned all over. Add tomatoes, passata and half the basil; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, using a julienne peeler or spiraliser (see tips), cut zucchini into 'spaghetti'.
- 4Add zucchini and half the parmesan to sauce mixture; stir gently. Serve sprinkled with remaining basil and parmesan.
Use flavoured sausages instead of plain. If you prefer, cook the sausages whole then slice and add to the tomato mixture. To create the long pasta-like strands of zucchini, you will need a few special tools: a julienne peeler, which looks like a wide bladed vegetable peeler with a serrated rather than a straight blade. You could also use a spiraliser, a hand cranked machine designed to cut vegetables into noodles or ribbons. Both items are available from kitchenware shops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021