- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 3 tablespoon water
- 4 egg yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 shallots
- oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated green ginger
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1Combine lemon juice, crumbled stock cubes, cornflour, honey, brown sugar, ginger and water in a saucepan; stir over a low heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- 2Carefully remove skin from chicken breasts. With a sharp knife, remove chicken breasts from bone, giving eight individual pieces.
- 3Pound chicken breasts out lightly.
- 4Put cornflour into bowl and gradually add water, lightly beaten egg yolks and salt and pepper, mixing well. Dip chicken breasts into this batter and drain well. Put a few pieces of chicken into deep hot oil; fry until lightly golden brown and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Keep warm while cooking remaining chicken.
- 5Slice each cooked chicken breast across into three or four pieces. Arrange on serving plate, sprinkle with chopped shallots and spoon hot sauce over.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken curry recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- French toastYesterday 1:00pm
- Peanut butter cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey joysYesterday 1:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Best burger recipesYesterday 4:33am
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019
- Pho boOct 15, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019
- Strawberry jelly sliceOct 13, 2019
- Melting momentsOct 10, 2019