- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 3 tablespoon water
- 4 egg yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 shallots
- oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated green ginger
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1Combine lemon juice, crumbled stock cubes, cornflour, honey, brown sugar, ginger and water in a saucepan; stir over a low heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- 2Carefully remove skin from chicken breasts. With a sharp knife, remove chicken breasts from bone, giving eight individual pieces.
- 3Pound chicken breasts out lightly.
- 4Put cornflour into bowl and gradually add water, lightly beaten egg yolks and salt and pepper, mixing well. Dip chicken breasts into this batter and drain well. Put a few pieces of chicken into deep hot oil; fry until lightly golden brown and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Keep warm while cooking remaining chicken.
- 5Slice each cooked chicken breast across into three or four pieces. Arrange on serving plate, sprinkle with chopped shallots and spoon hot sauce over.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker massaman beef curryToday 6:00am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 2:00am
- Eggplant parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low calorie recipes for the 5:2 Fasting DietYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 2:00pm
- Adorable mini cheesecakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 filling ideas for cannelloniYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make the perfect roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy combination fried riceSep 18, 2020
- Lemon dessert recipesSep 18, 2020
- Luscious lemon cakeSep 18, 2020
- Vegetarian quiche recipesSep 18, 2020