- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 3 tablespoon water
- 4 egg yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 shallots
- oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated green ginger
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1Combine lemon juice, crumbled stock cubes, cornflour, honey, brown sugar, ginger and water in a saucepan; stir over a low heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- 2Carefully remove skin from chicken breasts. With a sharp knife, remove chicken breasts from bone, giving eight individual pieces.
- 3Pound chicken breasts out lightly.
- 4Put cornflour into bowl and gradually add water, lightly beaten egg yolks and salt and pepper, mixing well. Dip chicken breasts into this batter and drain well. Put a few pieces of chicken into deep hot oil; fry until lightly golden brown and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Keep warm while cooking remaining chicken.
- 5Slice each cooked chicken breast across into three or four pieces. Arrange on serving plate, sprinkle with chopped shallots and spoon hot sauce over.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mixed berry clafoutisYesterday 12:14am
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019
- Berry and coconut chia puddingAug 07, 2019
- 22 pasta recipesAug 07, 2019
- Roast vegetable spelt pastaAug 06, 2019
- 10 easy bread recipesAug 06, 2019
- Slow-cooked lamb with braised green beansAug 06, 2019
- Chicken dinner recipesAug 06, 2019