- 180 gram (5½ ounces) persian fetta in oil
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) couscous
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (70g) shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, loosely packed, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, loosely packed, chopped coarsely
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup (50g) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/3 cup (70g) pomegranate seeds
- 1Drain oil from fetta into a jug or bowl, you will need ¼ cup of the oil for this recipe.
- 2Combine couscous with the boiling water and 1 tablespoon of the fetta oil in a large heatproof bowl, cover, stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, fluffing occasionally with a fork.
- 3Meanwhile, place nuts in a small frying pan, stir over medium heat until toasted lightly. Transfer nuts to a chopping board, cool slightly; chop coarsely. Stir nuts, herbs, onion and raisins into couscous, season to taste.
- 4Whisk remaining fetta oil in a jug or small bowl with juice and sumac, season to taste.
- 5Add dressing and pomegranate seeds to salad, toss gently to combine.
- 6Transfer salad to a platter, top with crumbled fetta. Sprinkle with a little extra sumac.
Fresh pomegranate seeds can sometimes be found in packs in the fridge section of supermarkets or good green grocers. If unavailable, break a medium pomegranate in half, then turn one half upside down over a bowl. Hit the shell with a wooden spoon the seeds usually fall out easily. If they don't, dig them out with a spoon. Repeat with the other half. This recipe can be made several hours ahead; add dressing close to serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019