This tasty noodle salad is flavoured with a classic sweet soy and ginger dressing that balances perfectly with smoked trout, eggplant and green beans.
- 1 medium eggplant (300g), halved lengthways, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 270 grams green tea noodles
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 200 grams green beans, trimmed, halved
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 180 grams piece smoked trout, flaked
- 1 green onion (scallion), extra, sliced
- 1Brush eggplant with peanut oil. Cook eggplant,
on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat for 2 minutes each side or until tender. Transfer to plate.
2 Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain, rinse.
3 Place vinegar, juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger and sesame oil in a screw-top jar; shake well.
4 Boil, steam or microwave beans until tender; cool.
5 Place eggplant, noodles and beans in a large bowl with green onion, half the sesame seeds and the dressing; toss gently to combine. Divide mixture into serving bowls; top with flaked trout, remaining sesame seeds and extra green onion.
Smoked trout is available at most supermarkets in various sized filleted portions. Salad is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- 18 vegetarian lasagne recipesJul 22, 2021
- Very green veggie curryJul 21, 2021
- Spiced vegetable biryaniJul 21, 2021
- Cherry lattice pies for your pie makerJul 21, 2021
- Chicken and vegetable risottoJul 21, 2021