- 250 gram (8oz) prawns, finely chopped
- 500 gram (1lb) minced pork
- 1/4 cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 x 250g (8oz) packet wonton wrappers
- oil for deep-frying
- 1Reserve about eight prawns for decoration. Combine in bowl cabbage, shallots, pork, remaining prawns, egg, cornflour, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- 2Place teaspoon of mixture onto centre of each wrapper.
- 3Gather the sides of wrapper around filling, pleating edges together, as shown, but leaving the top open.
- 4Place a small piece of re-served prawn on top of each dim sim.
- 5Drop dim sims into deep hot oil, fry until golden brown. Remove, drain on absorbent paper. Makes around 50.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019