- 1½ tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 500 grams beef fillet steaks
- extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 2 bunches broccolini (350g)
- 400 gram can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Make white bean hummus.
- 2Dry-fry sunflower seeds, pepitas and cumin seeds in a small heavy-based frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden and aromatic. Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, coarsely grind seed mixture. Reserve 1 tablespoon for serving.
- 3Heat a char-grill plate (or char-grill pan or barbecue) over high heat. Coat steaks evenly in seed mixture, spray lightly with oil; cook steaks for 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil; rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave broccolini until just tender; drain.
- 5Slice steaks into thick slices across the grain. Serve steak, broccolini and hummus sprinkled with reserved seed mixture.
- 6Process ingredients until smooth; season with pepper to taste.
Dr Jo says: Think about both the quality and the quantity of carbohydrate in your diet. The GI is a useful tool for assessing the quality, but do remember a low GI does not always indicate a healthy food. Ice-cream, for example, may have a low GI, but clearly
this is not an everyday food!
<br><br>Nutritional count per serving 13.2g total fat (3.5g saturated fat), 1378kJ (329 cal), 10.3g carbohydrate, 35.7g protein, 7.8g fibre, 110mg sodium
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022