Crumbed fish burgers
- 500 gram skinless firm white fish fillets, sliced into 8 portions
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 4 long bread rolls
- fries, to serve
Slaw and mayo
- 1/2 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
Crumbed fish burgers with cabbage slaw and chilli mayo
- 1Coat fish in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg and coat press into breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a tray and chill until required.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cabbage, carrot and green onion.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Stir dill and chilli through. Season.
- 4In a large frying pan heat oil on high until a few crumbs when added. Fry fish 2 minutes each side until golden and just cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Fill rolls with slaw and fish pieces. Top with mayo and serve with fries.
We recommend using white fish such as basa, ling or flathead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021