Crumbed fish burgers
- 500 gram skinless firm white fish fillets, sliced into 8 portions
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 4 long bread rolls
- fries, to serve
Slaw and mayo
- 1/2 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
Crumbed fish burgers with cabbage slaw and chilli mayo
- 1Coat fish in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg and coat press into breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a tray and chill until required.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cabbage, carrot and green onion.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Stir dill and chilli through. Season.
- 4In a large frying pan heat oil on high until a few crumbs when added. Fry fish 2 minutes each side until golden and just cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- 5Fill rolls with slaw and fish pieces. Top with mayo and serve with fries.
We recommend using white fish such as basa, ling or flathead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020