- 2 lebanese cucumbers (260g)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon dried seaweed (wakame)
- 1 cup (200g) cooked fresh crab meat
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon secondary dashi (see recipe page 117)
- 2 teaspoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- 1Make dressing. Bring vinegar, dashi, sauce and mirin to the boil in small saucepan. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in juice. Refrigerate 15 minutes
- 2Halve cucumber lengthways, discard seeds with teaspoon. Slice cucumber thinly. Place cucumber in colander. Sprinkle with salt, stand 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain, gently squeezing out excess moisture. Refrigerate.
- 3Meanwhile, place seaweed in small bowl, cover with cold water, stand 5 minutes, drain.
- 4Arrange cucumber, seaweed and crab meat on plate, pour over dressing.
Try to use the freshest crab meat you can for this dish or very good quality canned crabmeat. To obtain ginger juice, squeeze grated fresh ginger into a sieve set over a bowl. A piece of ginger measuring about 2cm (¾ inch) in length will yield 2 teaspoons of grated ginger; this amount of grated ginger should in turn yield the ½ teaspoon of juice used in this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021