- 2 lebanese cucumbers (260g)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon dried seaweed (wakame)
- 1 cup (200g) cooked fresh crab meat
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon secondary dashi (see recipe page 117)
- 2 teaspoon japanese soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- 1Make dressing. Bring vinegar, dashi, sauce and mirin to the boil in small saucepan. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in juice. Refrigerate 15 minutes
- 2Halve cucumber lengthways, discard seeds with teaspoon. Slice cucumber thinly. Place cucumber in colander. Sprinkle with salt, stand 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain, gently squeezing out excess moisture. Refrigerate.
- 3Meanwhile, place seaweed in small bowl, cover with cold water, stand 5 minutes, drain.
- 4Arrange cucumber, seaweed and crab meat on plate, pour over dressing.
Try to use the freshest crab meat you can for this dish or very good quality canned crabmeat. To obtain ginger juice, squeeze grated fresh ginger into a sieve set over a bowl. A piece of ginger measuring about 2cm (¾ inch) in length will yield 2 teaspoons of grated ginger; this amount of grated ginger should in turn yield the ½ teaspoon of juice used in this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021