- 1 long green chilli
- 6 medium green prawns (250g), shelled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 white corn tortilla (46g)
- 1/2 small green apple (65g), cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small green apple (65g), cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1Finely chop half the chilli, thinly slice remaining chilli. Combine prawns, garlic, half the juice and the finely chopped chilli in a small bowl. Cook prawns on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until just changed in colour. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- 2Cook tortilla on grill plate for 1 minute each side or until warmed through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine apple, onion, thinly sliced chilli, remaining juice and the mint in a small bowl, toss gently.
- 4Serve prawns and apple salsa on tortilla.
This recipe will go down well with the rest of the family, so increase the ingredients to suit the number of hungry members at your dinner table. When you shell prawns their weight is reduced by half. If you buy shelled prawns you will only need 125g.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What to make with your preserved lemonYesterday 2:00pm
- Choo-choo train birthday cakeYesterday 5:39am
- 42 perfect puddingsJun 29, 2022
- Cheese and silverbeet borekJun 29, 2022
- Tzatziki dipJun 29, 2022
- Minestrone with barley and greensJun 29, 2022
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022