- 1 long green chilli
- 6 medium green prawns (250g), shelled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 white corn tortilla (46g)
- 1/2 small green apple (65g), cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small green apple (65g), cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1Finely chop half the chilli, thinly slice remaining chilli. Combine prawns, garlic, half the juice and the finely chopped chilli in a small bowl. Cook prawns on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until just changed in colour. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- 2Cook tortilla on grill plate for 1 minute each side or until warmed through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine apple, onion, thinly sliced chilli, remaining juice and the mint in a small bowl, toss gently.
- 4Serve prawns and apple salsa on tortilla.
This recipe will go down well with the rest of the family, so increase the ingredients to suit the number of hungry members at your dinner table. When you shell prawns their weight is reduced by half. If you buy shelled prawns you will only need 125g.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019