- 1 long green chilli
- 6 medium green prawns (250g), shelled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 white corn tortilla (46g)
- 1/2 small green apple (65g), cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small green apple (65g), cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1Finely chop half the chilli, thinly slice remaining chilli. Combine prawns, garlic, half the juice and the finely chopped chilli in a small bowl. Cook prawns on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until just changed in colour. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- 2Cook tortilla on grill plate for 1 minute each side or until warmed through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine apple, onion, thinly sliced chilli, remaining juice and the mint in a small bowl, toss gently.
- 4Serve prawns and apple salsa on tortilla.
This recipe will go down well with the rest of the family, so increase the ingredients to suit the number of hungry members at your dinner table. When you shell prawns their weight is reduced by half. If you buy shelled prawns you will only need 125g.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsYesterday 5:00pm
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019