- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (120g) canned refried beans
- 1/2 cup (130g) bottled medium chunky salsa
- 2 1/2 cup (425g) coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cup (185g) grated cheddar cheese
- 4 cup (240g) finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), chopped coarsely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup (120g) light sour cream
- 1Preheat grill to hot.
- 2Place tortillas, in single layer, on oven trays.
- 3Combine beans and salsa in small bowl. Divide bean mixture among tortillas; top with chicken and cheese. Place under preheated grill until cheese melts and tortillas' edges crisp.
- 4Top tostadas with lettuce, tomato, onion and sour cream to serve
Refried beans are sold, canned, in most supermarkets, as are packaged flour tortillas. Made of pinto beans that are just parboiled then fried with various seasonings, refried beans are also known by their Mexican name of frijoles refritos. You will need to purchase one small iceberg lettuce for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022