- 6 cup quality chicken stock
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 200 gram thin egg noodles
- 4 chicken sausages
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- soy sauce to taste
- 1Heat the chicken stock in a large saucepan; add the vegetables and noodles, cooking for 2 minutes.
- 2Squeeze the chicken meat from the sausages and, using slightly wet hands, roll into small balls (you should get about 6 from each sausage).
- 3Add the chicken dumplings to the chicken noodle soup and simmer for 5-8 minutes. The dumplings will all float to the surface. If you’re not sure whether they are cooked, try one yourself.
- 4Add the spinach for the last minute, cooking until wilted and bright green.
- 5Serve with plenty of chopped parsley and soy sauce to taste.
Dumplings are a fun way to add substance to a soup, and these are so simple to do. The dumplings will only take about 4-5 minutes to cook so you can have this healthy comfort food on the table in less than 20 minutes. You can also make this a beef flavoured soup, using beef sausages.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am