- 6 cup quality chicken stock
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 200 gram thin egg noodles
- 4 chicken sausages
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- soy sauce to taste
- 1Heat the chicken stock in a large saucepan; add the vegetables and noodles, cooking for 2 minutes.
- 2Squeeze the chicken meat from the sausages and, using slightly wet hands, roll into small balls (you should get about 6 from each sausage).
- 3Add the chicken dumplings to the chicken noodle soup and simmer for 5-8 minutes. The dumplings will all float to the surface. If you’re not sure whether they are cooked, try one yourself.
- 4Add the spinach for the last minute, cooking until wilted and bright green.
- 5Serve with plenty of chopped parsley and soy sauce to taste.
Dumplings are a fun way to add substance to a soup, and these are so simple to do. The dumplings will only take about 4-5 minutes to cook so you can have this healthy comfort food on the table in less than 20 minutes. You can also make this a beef flavoured soup, using beef sausages.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021