- 4 slice (180g) white bread
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (280g) bacon rashers, rind removed, sliced thinly
- 3 cup (480g) barbecued chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1 large_piece cos lettuce, trimmed, torn
- 6 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup (80g) flaked parmesan
- 3/4 cup (225g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 drained anchovy fillets, chopped finely
- 3 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Make caesar dressing by blending or processing ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- 3Remove crusts from bread, discard crusts, cut bread into 2cm squares, toss with oil in medium bowl. Place bread, in single layer, on oven tray, toast in oven, 10 minutes.
- 4Cook bacon in small frying pan, stirring, until browned and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 5Combine half of the chicken, half of the bacon, half of the croutons and half of the dressing in large bowl with lettuce, half of the onion and half of the cheese, toss to combine.
- 6Divide salad among serving plates. Top with remaining chicken, bacon, croutons, onion and cheese, drizzle with remaining dressing.
Crouton, a French word meaning "little crust", is a small cube of toasted or fried bread usually used to garnish soups or salads. They are a fantastic way to use up yesterday's bread. For a twist, add some garlic or herbs when making your croutons. You need to purchase a large barbecued chicken weighing approximately 900g to get the amount of chopped meat required for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021