- 1/4 cup (70g) yoghurt
- 2 cup (540g) bottled butter chicken simmer sauce
- 500 gram (1 pound) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (300g) basmati rice
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cup (250g) cauliflower florets
- 1 brown onion (200g), sliced thinly
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh long green chilli, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 4 cloves
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 cup (750ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup (55g) dried currants
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1Combine yoghurt, ¼ cup of the simmer sauce and chicken in a large bowl. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 3Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear; drain. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat; cook cauliflower, stirring, 5 minutes or until browned lightly and tender. Remove from pan.
- 4Heat remaining oil in same dish; cook onion, stirring, 5 minutes or until browned lightly. Add chicken; cook, stirring, until browned. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and spices; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in stock. Cover; bake 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- 5Remove dish from oven; add cauliflower, peas and currants. Cover, stand for 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork; season to taste.
- 6Bring remaining simmer sauce to the boil in a small saucepan. Serve biryani topped with heated sauce, coriander leaves and some extra yoghurt, if you like.
This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019