- 500 gram short pasta
- 180 gram green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 cup (240g) frozen peas
- 3 cup (480g) shredded cooked skinless chicken
- 4 cups (160g) firmly packed trimmed watercress
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup (60g) flaked natural almonds
- 2 cups firmly packed trimmed watercress
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup (160ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute less than packet instructions state, or until pasta is slightly firmer than al dente. Drain, rinse under cold running water, drain.
- 2Meanwhile, make lemon and watercress dressing. Blend or process ingredients until smooth, season to taste.
- 3Boil, steam or microwave beans and peas, separately, until vegetables are just tender, drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water, drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Add pasta, chicken, watercress and parsley to bowl. Toss gently to combine. Place salad on a large platter or divide among bowls. Top with almonds. Drizzle with dressing.
You could substitute another small pasta for the pasta shells. You will need 2 bunches of watercress. For a modern look, split the green beans in half lengthways and arrange with other ingredients in individual containers, then drizzle with dressing. Do ahead: Recipe can be prepared 8 hours ahead up to the end of step 4.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022