- 500 gram small pasta shells
- 2 cup (100g) watercress sprigs
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup (160ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 medium_piece (140g) lemon, rind removed, cut into long strips
- 3/4 cup (60g) flaked natural almonds
- 180 gram green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 cup (240g) frozen peas
- 3 cup (480g) shredded barbecue chicken
- 4 cup (200g) firmly packed watercress sprigs
- 120 gram fresh goat's cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute less than packet instructions state, or until pasta is slightly firmer than al dente. Drain, rinse under cold running water, drain.
- 2Meanwhile, make lemon and watercress dressing. Blend or process ingredients until smooth, season to taste.
- 3Place almonds, in a large, dry frying pan, cook over a low-medium heat, stirring continuously, until golden. Remove from pan immediately.
- 4Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave beans and peas, separately, until vegetables are just tender, drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water, drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Add pasta, chicken and watercress to bowl with vegetables, add dressing, toss gently to combine. Divide salad into 24 x 1-cup containers, top each with toasted almonds, goat's cheese and lemon rind to serve.
You could substitute another small pasta for the pasta shells. You will need 2 bunches of watercress. For a modern look, split the green beans in half lengthways and arrange with other ingredients in individual containers, then drizzle with dressing. Do ahead: Recipe can be prepared 8 hours ahead up to the end of step 4.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020