- 1 1/2 cup (300g) couscous
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup (420g) drained mixed char-grilled vegetables
- 1 cup fresh mint, lightly packed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cup (250g) shredded barbecued chicken
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yogurt
- 1 medium_piece (140g) lemon, cut into wedges
- 1Combine couscous, the water and oil in large heatproof bowl. Cover, stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Season to taste.
- 2Chop vegetables and herbs coarsely.
- 3Add chicken, vegetables and herbs to couscous in large bowl, toss to combine. Serve with yogurt and lemon wedges.
This salad will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Pack yogurt and lemon wedges separately. You need about half a barbecued chicken. We used 2 x 280g jars of mixed char-grilled vegetables in oil (not the pickled variety); you can also buy marinated grilled vegetables from the delicatessen.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm