- 3 medium carrots (360g), chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 300 gram hummus
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 900 gram cauliflower, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup (45g) coarsely chopped, roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup (50g) roasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (100g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (60g) inca berries (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 1 medium lemon (140g), cut into wedges
- 1Make roasted carrot hummus: Preheat oven to 180°C. Place carrots on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; drizzle with oil. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- 2Blend or process carrots with remaining ingredients until smooth and combined. Season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, process cauliflower until it resembles couscous. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat; cook cauliflower, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Add cumin and cardamom; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, season to taste.
- 5Combine cauliflower mixture, nuts, seeds, parsley, mint, berries and preserved lemon in a large bowl. Serve topped with hummus and lemon wedges.
Inca berries are dried physalis peruviana or, as they are also known, cape gooseberries. The dried fruit is marketed under various names: Pichuberry in America and goldenberry in England. The fresh orange fruit, which is the size of a cherry tomato, is contained in a green paper-like calyx. The dried fruit has a tangy citrus-like taste, is high in protein (for a fruit), fibre and high in antioxidants. If you can’t find them, use dried cranberries instead or 1 medium orange, peeled and segmented.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chilli barbecued haloumi recipe with zucchini saladYesterday 4:00pm
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019